Effective Date: April 3, 2019
What Personal Data We Collect And Why We Collect It
We collect the following personal data for the following purposes:
- When you subscribe to our newsletter, we collect your email address and name. We use this data to send you updates via email.
- When you contact us, for example for additional information, we collect your name, email and message. We use this data to respond to your request.
- When you make a donation, we collect your email address, name, shipping address, state, city, zip code, phone number, and payment information. We use this data to process your donation.
Please note, if you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the Sites.
With Whom We Share Your Data
We share your personal data in the following instances and to the following parties:
- Service Providers. We may transfer (or otherwise make available) your personal data to third parties who provide services on our behalf, such as payment processors. We use service providers to host our servers, send communications on our behalf, and process transactions.
- Sale of Business. We may transfer any data we have about you as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of our operations or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
- Legal. We may provide your personal data in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required by applicable law. We may also disclose personal data where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or as otherwise permitted by law.
Collection of Data from Children
Our Sites are not intended for use by and we do not knowingly collect any personal data from children under the age of 13. If we discover that we have such data in our possession, we will destroy it.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You also have the right to request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the contact information below.
We have implemented reasonable security measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. That said, no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using our Sites you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of our Sites. We may post a notice through our Sites if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
How We Respond To Do-Not-Track Signals
We do not support Do Not Track browser settings and do not currently participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks.
Notice About Public Posting Areas
Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any public posting area on the Sites is available to other users. If you do not want people to know your email address, for example, do not include it in any message you post publicly. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION IN PUBLIC POSTING AREAS ON THE SITES. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN THESE PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
Additionally, when you make a donation by purchasing a panel, you have the option to have your name displayed on your panel. Please note that this information will be available to the public. If you do not want people to know your name, please exercise the option to make your panel information private. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT IS DISCLOSED IN PUBLIC PANELS.
International Data Transfers
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personal data collected via the Sites.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our users who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you have any questions, please contact us using the contact information below.
United States Olympic Museum
P.O. Box 681
Colorado Springs, CO 80901
Office: (719) 358-6325