Every two years we join the world in embracing unity through athletic competition.
The U.S. Olympic Museum offers a timeless experience by capturing the history of Team USA in the Olympic and Paralympic Games, as well as the hopes and dreams of future generations.
As new champions are crowned, the museum will evolve to ensure a truly unique and interactive experience with every visit – in five years or 50.
The museum will house the artifacts, media and technology that embody the Olympic and Paralympic movements. It will take visitors on a journey through the personal struggles and career-defining moments of Team USA's dedicated athletes, and it will use interactive experiences to immerse visitors in the exhilaration of competition.
A SEAMLESS OLYMPIC AND PARALYMPIC EXPERIENCE
In partnership with the Colorado Springs Olympic Training Center, and with its location just blocks away from the United States Olympic Committee headquarters, the U.S. Olympic Museum will complete the Team USA experience as a bridge to the rich history of the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- The museum building will be a definitive 21st-century icon and global destination.
- The architecture will embody the values and spirit of the Olympic and Paralympic Games through its unique design.
Essential goals for the building are:
- Full accessibility for all visitors.
- State-of-the-art technology incorporated throughout.
- Energy efficiency and environmental sustainability. The project will strive for LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification.
The U.S. Olympic Museum is a nonprofit organization with 501(c)(3) status.